For reservation please copy the Credit Card Authorization form and Waiver. email them back to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a notification by text once your reservation has been made. Make sure and include your cell phone number on the credit card form so that you will receive your notification.
Make sure and fill out the forms legibly with all information requested.
Failure to have a signed waiver turned in may result in you not being allowed on the property and your climb will not be refunded. PLEASE NOTE: 2020 CLIMBING RESERVATIONS WILL BEGIN December 1 2019 ON THIS SITE. SPECIAL CLIMBING AND HIKING EXCURSIONS CAN BE ARRANGED BY CONTACTING THE CVR STAFF, AT email@example.com
YOU WILL BE ASKED TO DOWNLOAD THE WAIVER AND THE CREDIT CARD AUTHORIZATION FORM. YOU WILL EMAIL BOTH THE CREDIT CARD AUTHORIZATION FORM AND WAIVER TO firstname.lastname@example.org IN ORDER TO RESERVE A SPOT.
ALL CLIMBS ARE SUBJECT TO WEATHER AND SNOW AND SAFETY CONDITIONS. THANK YOU.
When you arrive the evening before your climb you can climb over the fence to set up your tent in the designated camping spot. If you are car camping you will park your vehicle on the outside of the gate. The morning of the climb the gate will be open to allow climbers to drive up approximately 2 miles to the headquarters where they will be given instructions prior to the climb.
Culebra Peak offers a unique climbing experience. Unlike any other Fourteener in Colorado, hiking impacts are largely absent – Culebra is essentially “untrailed”. In order to preserve its pristine condition, please follow these climbing guidelines and Procedures:
- Ascend and descend on a different route in order to minimize impacts to the mountain.
- Disperse while hiking. In order to protect sensitive alpine plant communities, avoid hiking single file or along existing trampled routes.
- While hiking, try to step only on durable surfaces, such as rocks, in order to protect sensitive alpine plant communities. Don’t walk along the edge of melting snowfields or other areas where the soils are wet. Many alpine soils are over 5,000 years old, and alpine plants grow very slowly in the harsh climate and short growing season on Fourteeners.
- Refrain from feeding animals or picking wildflowers. Leave what you find.
- Bury all human waste below treeline, not in the tundra. Pack out all the material that you carry in. Refer to the “Guide for Leaving No Trace on Colorado’s Highest Peak” for additional information.
SUMMER CLIMBS WILL BEGIN DEPENDING ON THE AMOUNT OF SNOW. RESERVATIONS WILL BEGIN TO BE TAKEN STARTING DECEMBER 1, 2019. PLEASE NOTE THAT DEPENDING ON SNOW CONDITIONS THE EARLIER JUNE CLIMBS MAY START FROM THE HEADQUARTERS UNLESS A SAFE PARKING AREA CAN BE REACHED. THANKS
Attached please find a liability waiver form to be used for your upcoming climb. Please note that you must sign out no later than 6:00 pm. If all climbers have not signed out by 6:00 pm, Cielo Vista Ranch will consider the situation an emergency and will begin emergency procedures. Any climber that fails to sign out when leaving the Ranch or leaves the Ranch after 6:00 pm agrees to make a $100.00 contribution to The Costilla County Search & Rescue. If anyone is under 18 years of age we will require a “Minor” Liability Waiver form which will be provided upon notification.
Also please note that the waiver provides space for you to declare your intentions for climbing, whether that is Culebra only or Culebra and Red Mountain. You must make this decision prior to your arrival at the Ranch. You will still turn in your waiver at check in and pay your fee. The Fee for Culebra and/or Red Mountain will be $150.
Please note that no dogs and no non-climbers are allowed on the Ranch and that the road to the Culebra trail head requires 4wd.
The gate opens for climbers at 6:00 AM at the North Headquarters gate to the ranch. Climbers will drive up to the headquarters for instructions.
At 6:15 AM, the gate will be locked, and if a climber is not there at that time, he forfeits his spot for the climb.
1. IF WE CANCEL: Option: 1. reschedule.
2. If reschedule is not possible, then refund.
IF CLIMBER CANCELS: 1. before 3 days> We will reschedule
2. w/i 3 days, no refund, unless there are exigent circumstances.
We appreciate your cooperation and hope you have an enjoyable and safe time on Cielo Vista Ranch.
FOR WINTER CLIMBS – Due to the inherent dangers of a winter climb, we reserve the right to cancel access to Culebra and/or Red Mountain at any time including day of climb!